Saturday, March 29, 2014

SBL WK 5

25 - 26th March

Even though I've really enjoyed sbl, I would have to say that this week went off the hook.  I suppose your wondering why?  Im gonna tell you why...lol..... I was fortunate enough to work with a Yr 1 & Yr 6 class.  I undertook some observations around how they are best supported with their learning.

I had the privellage of interviewing two beautiful little souls.  Each were very unique in their own way.  These students minds are like machines, I mean they can process and retain soooo much information, and then the amazing thing is, they can explain what they have learnt.  Although I had interviewed these students at different times, the questions remained the same and their answers were kinda similar.

Questions I asked were as follows:
  • What does learning mean to you?
  • How do you know you've learnt something?
  • What helps you learn?
  • What do you like a about learning?
In response to the interviews, I feel that it is crucial that I incorporate a huge amount of interaction in my classroom which will engage and enhance the students learning.  I will also give the students an opportunity for thier feedback or opinion of what was taught in class or how they felt about what was being taught in class.  This is definately a valuable perspective because it enables me to adjust my teaching and know what my students need help with.

No comments:

Post a Comment