Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Wk 1 - 6 & 7 May
I actually couldn't wait to get back into sbl. It seemed like such a long time, since I last saw the kids. However, they do remeber who I am and thats awesome. A successful moment for me was, I had the opportunity of taking a small group of students for maths. At the moment they are learning about "Measurement". I have never been to hot at maths, but for some reason I learnt more today then I ever have in my entire life about Area, Volume and Perimeter, with the help of the teachers lesson and 1 student who is in the accelerated maths class. Through this, I was able to breakdown this lesson to my group of students...YAY for me!
I almost lost my cool with a group of students. I guess I could've approached this situation in a more pleasant manner, but I feel that they needed to see and feel (not physically) my wroth. I do not stand for any putdowns, mocking, teasing and belittling of any child, and this is what these students were doing. Who do they think they are? Not showing any PARKVALE PRIDE at all. They now know, that Miss Reid does not accept this kind of behaviour.
I embrace & love "DIVERSITY!"......Just saying!
Labels:
SBL - Term 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment